Monday 31 March 2014

Wilson Pro Staff 95s + Full Poly @ 48/45 lbs

If I recall correctly, I think Z mentioned that he clocked about 10 hours of play on the PS95s strung with 17g syn gut. And the string has not snapped yet! (link)

There was severe notching though...




It took me quite a bit of convincing before Z decided to try full poly again. He just liked the feel of syn gut too much even though durability was pathetic.



I selected a soft co-poly this round to see if the feel would closer mimic the syn gut that Z liked.





White strings go well with the racket...


After stringing, I added about 6 grams near 2 & 10 o'clock to beef up the swingweight to about 320 kg/cm2.




Playtest:
- The plowthrough was better with increased stability, power and depth.
- However, Z did not like the typical stiffer stringbed with full poly, even when it was a soft poly. Comfort and ball feel are definitely prioritized way above durability for him.
- Surprisingly, spin was ridiculously low when I tried hitting with it. Even power and control was poor despite the full poly stringjob!
- Back to the drawing board...






No comments:

Post a Comment