Sunday 24 February 2013

Comparison of Nylon and Poly Strings (with numbers)

I lost all my strings test data while trying to back it up! Comical isn't it? If I had not tried to backup, I would still have the data... 

The good news is, I have already studied the data (and charts) and understood its implications on stringing. Since I've gotten something out of it, it's good enough for me!

But someone asked if I could fill in the details of the chart I posted previously. (link) So I cut a little more slack when stringing up my racket and re-tested the strings again.

The poly test is done in increments of 5lbs between 25-70lbs.

The multifilament measurements are taken specifically only at 33-44-66-88lbs. The simple reason is because the multi string kept slipping from 40+lbs despite being wiped down with alcohol, clamps adjustments and jaws cleaning. 

Both strings are also allowed to stretch out for at least 30 seconds before the measurements are taken.

I think the data is still good enough to paint a clear picture of how differently they stretch.

Here it is:







Strings:
Pro Supex Maxim Touch 1.30mm
Pro Supex Big Ace Revo 1.25mm






1 comment:

  1. This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.

    ReplyDelete