Wednesday 9 January 2013

Another Oldie.... Wilson XT-80...

After being tucked away in some hidden corners for decades, one by one, these old rackets are being rediscovered. It's like a treasure hunt, except I know exactly what "treasure" it is but not where it is "hidden".


The Wilson XT-80 is "the other racket" given to me by my friend together with the Slazenger Woody. (link) That scrawny me then could not handle nor appreciate this racket's amazing plowthrough. 


Now that I take it out for another spin, it plays very very well indeed. And I am still using the original set of strings that racket was sold with probably three decades ago or more!!!


Spin is good. Directional control is excellent. With its weight, for as long as I can still swing that racket, the power is amazing! I wonder what strings and setup should I use to maximise the potential of this stick! But I would still prefer to know a bit more about the specs before re-stringing it.

However I searched online, I cannot find anything. I'm starting to wonder if this stick is legit or a dud. If anyone reading this has any information on the racket, please send me an email or post a comment. Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment