Monday 12 November 2012

My 30+ Years Old Woody Slazenger...

More than two decades ago, one of my tennis buddies just shoved two rackets at me and told me they're mine! 

I checked.... Nope, he wasn't having a fever and neither was he unwell or under influence of drugs or alcohol. So I cheerfully accepted the rackets and thanked him. (His name is Ramesh and used to stay at Bayshore Park. Thanks again Ramesh!)

One of the racket is the wooden Slazenger Centenary 1881-1981 commemorative edition which has become affectionately known to me and some of my friends as "Woody" (无敌).



Here I am, stringing Woody up with some Synthetic Gut @ 45lbs, two piece.





I played with it for a while. With only a 65 sq inch face, the sweet spot is really tiny! But when it was hit, the balance, plow-through, power and accuracy surpasses all modern rackets I have ever tried! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment